Transition for September 2023 Start
It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to Rushcliffe. We are delighted that you have chosen the school for the next step in your child’s education. We understand how vital the transition process is for all children and their families and are excited to meet you all in the coming months as we welcome you into our community.
I am delighted to inform you that the transition process is well underway and that Mr Crawley (Assistant Principal and Transition Lead), along with other staff are working hard to ensure it is completed as smoothly as possible. As a school we have a strong and successful induction programme that we are proud of, and believe forms a strong foundation for which children can shine brightly. I am certain that many of you will have questions about the school, we currently ask that you take note of these, as I am optimistic that they will be answered in the information to be shared in the coming weeks and months.
During this period many key activities will take place, some of which are listed below:
- Close liaison between key pastoral staff (Assistant Principal, Head of Year and SENDCo) from Rushcliffe and individual Year 6 teachers of all primary schools (Feeder and non-Feeder).
- Mr Crawley and the Head of Year 7 for September will visit all the feeder schools (Abbey Road, Edwalton, Lady Bay, Pierrepont Gamston, Rosecliffe and St Peters) and deliver presentations about life at Rushcliffe to students. During these sessions the children will have opportunity to also partake in a question and answer session.
- A Presentation evening and “question and answer” session for all non-feeder students at Rushcliffe
- The Induction day is on July 13th for children to have a flavour of what life at Rushcliffe will be like. During this day pupils will spend some time with their tutor and then have the opportunity to sample different lessons.
- An Induction Evening, also on July 13th, for parents and carers. The Principal and other significant staff will share key messages about the ethos and expectations at the School, alongside sharing the vision for how we will all work together to support each child’s pastoral development and academic progress and attainment.
Information for parents and carers
1. Letter to – Welcome from the Principal
2a. Letter to Parents – Welcome from Rushcliffe – Transition Lead
03a pt1. Letter to Parents – All about me Tutor groups – Feeder School
03b pt1. Letter to Parents – All about me Tutor groups – Non-Feeder School
06. Letter to students – Head of Year Letter to students