- Clear impartial advice and information about all of the options available, so that they understand what they involve
- Support and guidance to help make choices and devise a career plan for the future
- Help to decide the most appropriate choice for post 16 transition, including further learning, training or employment
- A programme of careers education which helps to develop skills and knowledge to make choices and the transition to work and learning and
- An opportunity to learn about the world of work.
Our Careers Lead is Ms Shrutee Desai (Assistant Principal) and our Careers Coordinator is Ms Hollie Waters.
Ms Waters can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0115 9744050.
Copies of the school Careers policy and the Provider Access (Baker Clause) policy are available here. These are reviewed annually.
Apprenticeship Insight Days
There are some brilliant Apprenticeship insight days coming up that you might be interested in exploring…
BRITISH AIRWAYS – 27TH JANUARY – 6.00PM
DELOITTE – VARIOUS DATES
ROYAL NAVY – 9TH FEBRUARY – 6.30PM
FIDELITY – 17TH FEBRUARY (APPLY BY 26TH JANUARY)
PWC – 20TH JANUARY – 4.30PM
HSBC – SUMMER WORK EXPERIENCE OPPORTUNITIES
Open Day Events Post 16
Please find handy links for local college’s open day information. You may need to register to attend some open day events. Some 2022 events may not yet be confirmed so it’s worth going back to check on their websites.
- Confetti Institute Open Days – Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies
Our spring term FE open days are:
Saturday 12 February 10am – 4pm
For more information and to book, please click on the link: https://confetti.ac.uk/open-days/
The Confetti website has all the up to date course information here https://confetti.ac.uk/college-courses-nottingham/ .
Useful Links and Information
icould.com – Great resource showing how subject choice impacts on career pathways. It offers some insightful information into many areas of work and the skills needed.
https://ideas4careers.co.uk/resources/links4careers/ Great website which features impartial, high quality careers and labour market information can help you decide what pathways might be best for you.
www.apprenticeships.gov.uk – Apprenticeships are available at multiple levels. From school leavers, people upskilling in their careers and complete career changes. There are hundreds to choose from and this website helps answer any questions you may have.
National Careers Service – this website features lots of useful resources for young people looking to start on the first rung of the career ladder. Includes a CV builder and lots of helpful example career profiles and information.
Success at School produce useful careers guides for parents and carers as well as students.
Here’s an overview of the Parent’s guide and the link to sign up for access:
This guide has been designed to help parents support their children in making informed decisions about their future, and develop the correct skills to help them succeed. Parents will benefit from content on topics including:
- Pathways into work, including T-levels, apprenticeships and university
- The importance of employability skills
- The value of work experience placements
- Student finance and choosing student accommodation
- Careers advice dos and don’ts
- 24-day “skills workout” exercises to complete at home, designed to help young people actively develop eight key employability skills